Sunday, May 24, 2015

Portfolio Sumantra Mukherjee



Paintings and wall installations


I paint on canvas, paper, engraved boards and also public walls and often use digital
media and archives to refer back to documented occurrences.
The images of this application are mostly portraits and figurative paintings. My city
shows me an influx of trends and people trying to live up to the fashion of living up to it –
including myself. I see the hybrid generation simultaneously putting their faith in
different ideologies yet unable to completely cut loose of their own roots. My works
follow a similar process of creating portraits from a mixture of images. The references of
advertisements, hybrid music, sea of population, Indian iconography, popular stickers to
the loud psyche of my generation – help me develop a chaos in the image. Through my
paintings I try to translate my surrounding in the best possible ways that I can.
I live and work in Kolkata,India


















                  
    Works on the Street and public spaces.
                              

2015 Walk in the line : a multidisciplinary art project  at Chanderhat, Kolkata , India /Curated by Manas Acharya  


 wall poster (size 15x9ft,inkjet print on tracing paper,back painted colours)






Posters designed for an artist run performance art festival
KIPAF 2014





 Painted/postered in Kolkata 2014-2015





Painted poster and wall,stickers at Studio 21,Kolkata

 Poster at Park street Kolkata 2014
Poster at Park street Kolkata 2014











A street project(chalk and Indian earth colours on floor)
initiated and conceptualized by Sumantra Mukherjee 
and Performers Independent Kolkata
 KIPAF2015



















Sculptures commissioned as window display by a jewellery house in Kolkata 2014
on politics,gay and minority rights,corruption,Kashmir and rape 

 





 






No comments:

Post a Comment